Sunday, March 29, 2015

Peg leg Abbey

     The other day we saw a man walking that was missing a leg.  He had one of those sophisticated mechanical legs that looks like a machine rather than one made to look like person's leg.  Abbey responded by saying "That guy has a fake leg. That is so cool.  Somday I'm going  to have a fake leg."  We all had a good laugh over it.  Sorry Abbey, but I hope that dream never comes true.
     I'm not sure all the reasons why, but I am really enjoying this phase of my life.  Don't get me wrong, it's hard.  It's a lot of work and I'm still just as frustrasted when my kids do wrong things than I ever have been, and my kids are still doing as many things wrong as they ever have been before, but I feel like I'm enjoying my kids more than I ever have before.  Is it because Eric is serving as Bishop and the Lord is blessing our family so much because of it?  Is it because my girls are older and can help me more than they ever have before?   Is it because Eric and I are aren't making so many dumb mistakes in raising our kids now that we are older and more experienced?   Is it because Amelia has brought so much joy into our home?  I don't know, but I feel so blessed.  I think it may be a combination of all of these.  I feel closer to Eric, since he's been called as Bishop, than I ever have before.  That's a blessing the stake president specifically mentioned when Eric was set apart as Bishop.  We are so blessed.